Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oregon Sunstone


Oregon Sunstone
Oregon's State Gem.
You can look for these in Plush Oregon.    Find Lakeview which is close and has the only convience store within 60 miles.  Come prepared with plenty of food water and other supplies.  Sunstones come in white, red, green and blue.  To look for color ones you need to dig for them.  Hold white ones up to the sky and look for copper coloring.   I always get these confused with clear agates and I'm still convinced I'm finding these on the coast but according to my research I guess Plush Oregon is the place to find these. Picture on left from ehow
 
Sunstone color relates to the amount of copper in the stone – 20 parts per million for yellow, 200 parts per million for red.

How to Look For Oregon Sunstones thumbnail

No comments:

Post a Comment